Stimulating. Motivating. Challenging.
Location: Bangalore, India
IT System Engineer of IT Services India is responsible for the timeliness and quality of the Corporate IT Services and technical support provided to Nagravision employees in India.
He / She have a good IT Services knowledge and understands the use of them by IT Customers.
He / She gets results from the India team on applying and following Corporate IT processes and standards, conform and ensure appliance of Corporate IT guidelines, policies and best practices.
He/she is able to recognise expertise on a broad range of systems and is able to direct analysis and problem resolution on complex problems.
He / she is able to balance longer term planning and group development with short-term demand.
He / She apply and check correct application of Corporate IT security policies, report and/or escalate all nonconformities issues.
- Ensures day to day implementation of IT service strategies and objectives.
- Handles most crisis situations confidently, is aware of potential impacts and knows when an issue should be escalated.
- Communicates feedback to other departments in the company through the right channels whenever a possible product’s design fault or a potential enhancement has been identified.
- Takes pride in solving problems effectively and is intolerant of poor-quality work.
- Is respectful of and helpful towards other engineers and enjoys gaining and sharing knowledge.
- Organises regular meetings/conf calls with the Service Members
- Order, install and configure Workstations and other standard user related equipment, software.
- Constructively participates in various meetings with the other engineers and the direct line manager, in which he/she represents the service and proposes ways for improvement.
- Attends training on products, services and behavioural skills related to the position.
- Provides guidance on Nagravision processes and methodology related to the different missions of the IT service.
- Collaborate or assign resources on general Corporate IT projects if needed.
- Provide regular reports to management on India’s IT activity, problems, performance, availability issues and propose improvements.
- Capability to anticipate and adapt to new situations.
- Capability to speak with all business teams, to understand their needs and to link them to provided services.
- Stress resistant. Able to manage workload by understanding priorities.
- Able to work in a multicultural environment (contact with Europe, India)
- Ability to interact in an English-speaking environment.
- Broad knowledge of IT and operations.
- Analytical, reliable with service and customer orientation.
- Ability to communicate with remote team.
- Proven ability to manage transversal / matrix customer-oriented operations in a multi-cultural business environment.
- Solid experience of customer service. Understand current & future needs of customers, act quickly to resolve issues. Know key people/opinion leaders at customers, establish good relationships with them.
- Ability to follow through on issue resolution, stand up to team members and challenge them on schedule delays and identify workaround/solution.
- Ability to produce concise reports in plain language.
- Have a western company work experience a plus.
- Must have exposure to global customers.
- Ability to operate with multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Maintain an attitude of continual process and personal improvement.
Requirements / Profile
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in IT Services & Support
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or IT related field.
- Knowledge on Active Directory, Intune, and Endpoint management.
- Strong Networking Skills.
- Advanced windows and Linux systems administration skills and certification.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms.
- Ability to manage high priority projects.
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating in person and via phone/radio with peers, management, contractors, and vendors.
- Experience in IT Infrastructure Operations, IT Service Management, or IT Business Operations
- Experience in Procurement, Budgeting, Forecasting, and Asset Management.
- Strong analytical skills with proven problem-solving ability required.
Publication Date: 11-01-2024